How to reference a membership database that is not in App_Data SQL Server Express database?

Keith

If I understand correctly, the SQL script called "InstallMembership.sql" can
be used to create a membership database that exists in the instance of SQL
Server 2005 used for my main application. Having created such a database,
how can I get the ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool to reference that
database instead of the one that exists in the App_Data folder SQL Server
Express database? Also, how can I get the membership controls in my
application to reference the newly created database instead of the one that
exists in the App_Data folder SQL Server Express database?
Thanks,

Keith