how to reset all structure fields to 0 or NULL

Jean-Claude Arbaut

Le 15/06/2005 10:35, dans (e-mail address removed)4all.nl, « Richard Bos »
Ow... that's even worse than the one where they'd translate not just the
static text in Excel, but even the identifiers of their macro language.
Imagine that, to compile an English C program in the Netherlands, you'd
have to translate all fread() calls to blees(), and all size_t's to
grootte_t... Well, that's exactly what was necessary with that version
of Excel.

I know, I had a french Excel once... Awful, even for a french.
Everybody knows IF, FOR, etc... Why use anything else ?

Mark McIntyre

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:19:19 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
Actually, the origin is M$ <no matter which Usenet program> and its use
of a French language rule at all. The reply mark should be, literally,
"Re: ";

At least they still spell it "Re". Lotus Notes spells it arr e-acute-
eff space colon. Gah

Mark McIntyre

A bug that has cost some european Microsoft customers tons of money:

Create an Excel spreadsheet. Enter numbers. Set cell formatting to
"Currency". The numbers will be displayed in your local currency.

I don't recall seeing this, and I worked for a french bank for 10
years, so we frequently exchanged spreadsheets from both English and
French excel.
email that spreadsheet to someone in a different country. They open it,
the numbers come out in _their_ currency. Say you write an offer to
build some stuff for $100,000 which is a decent price. Your customer in
the UK reads £100,000 which is absurdly expensive. You lose a contract.

actually it would come out as £100.000 which is absurdly cheap, since
the comma in french excel means dot in english...

Ah, l'internationalization, es ist zehr annoying, niet?
:)

Dik T. Winter

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:19:19 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,
> (e-mail address removed) (Richard Bos) wrote:
>

> At least they still spell it "Re". Lotus Notes spells it arr e-acute-
> eff space colon. Gah

Yes, there is much confusion about it. It is from Latin and does not refer
to any English word. "In re".

Richard Bos

Mark McIntyre said:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:19:19 GMT, in comp.lang.c ,

At least they still spell it "Re".

Or, in some versions, "Sv:". There is no limit to the idiocy of this
company.

Richard