How to return a 403 error to the client browser?

Gaetan

From within the ASP.Net 1.1 application, I verify whether the user is authorized to use
the application by checking its membership within a local group. In some cases, when the
user is not authorized, I simply want to return an error code (403) to the client browser
and not redirect the client to any specific page within the web application.

How can I return a 403 (or any error code for that metter) to the client browser?

Thanks.