How to set Command Timeout for SQLDataSource control?

John Kotuby

Hi all,
I have set up a page with a Repeater and a SQLDatasource control, the data
control suggested by online Help for use with the Repeater. I am getting
Timeout Expired after 30 seconds. I expect many of my queries to take longer
than 30 seconds because they are ad hoc user-defined searches through
multiple joined tables and associated Text fields. I have to learn more
about creating full text indexes for searching...but.

How can I set the Command timeout for a SQLDataSource control. I cannot find
the answer in the online help or any searches so far?

For now I am trying to replace the SQLDataSource with a SqlDataAdapter and
DataTable.

But it would be nice to know if I can control the Command timeout on the
SQLDataSource control also...

Thanks very much for your help.

Muhammad Naveed Yaseen

In SqlDataSource command events, the event argument (i.e
SqlDataSourceCommandEventArgs or SqlDataSourceSelectingEventArgs) give
access to command object, from which you may modify CommandTimeout

John Kotuby

Thanks Muhammed,

I appreciate the reply and the info. Sorry I didn't get back to thank you
sooner... got caught up in development and forgot to respond. Very helpful
information indeed....