How to tokenize string without using strtok

Ben Bacarisse

There are those who argue that it should.
Presumably, the C99 folks (wisely) decided that this area was too complex
to tackle, and simply left it undefined, so that those dealing with the
systems can define them.

Thanks for the clarification. I imagine it is mostlt of academic interest
only since "real" concurrent programs will use some more grown-up way to
synchonise which can do whatever the hardware requires, but I appreciate
your explanation.