how to use <authorization>

Julia

Hi

I have an asp.net application. I would like to allow users in a group on my
computer (I also have the IIS on the same computer) to enter the application.
So I created a new group named MyGroup. And I added these rows in the config
file:

<authentication mode="Windows" />
<authorization>
<allow roles="NE\MyGroup" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>

This doesnt work, why? If I allow the BUILTIN/Administrators I can enter the
application.

Thanks
Julia

Dominick Baier

hi -

- have you logged off/on after you added your account to the group?
- try without the NE

dominick

Shourie

Dominick said:
hi -

- have you logged off/on after you added your account to the group?
- try without the NE

dominick

Hi Julia,

Please ensure that you followed these steps..

Step1:Create a Group in server computer

Go to start menu>>settings>>Control panel>>administrative
tools>>ComputerManagement
select Local Users and Groups>>Groups
right click on Groups, create new Group and add your login id as new
member

Step2: configure web.config file

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

<authorization>
<allow roles="<system-name>\<GroupName>"/>
// or give only Group Name
//<allow roles="<GroupName>"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>

Step 3 : Run your application

run your application....
browser will promt with Login window
Provide your username and password that you used to login to server
system
and select the domain name as u r system name(u logged in domain)

Regards,
Jagan Mohan Varma P