How to use SQLite (sqlite3) more efficiently

R Johnson

The subject line isn't as important as a header, carried invisibly
through, that says that you were replying to an existing post. :)

Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never edited email headers before and
didn't find any relevant help on Google. Could you please give some more
details about how to do what you're referring to, or perhaps point me to
a link that would explain more about it? (FYI, I read the Python mailing
list on Google Groups, and reply to posts in Thunderbird, sending them
to the Python-list email address.)

I was thinking that since I've been manually calling conn.commit() in my
wxPython program after executing each SQL transaction, it would make
sense to use autocommit mode (by setting 'isolation_level' to None). Am
I correct about this? I've read on StackOverflow that there can be
disadvantages to using autocommit mode for SQL databases in general, but
they weren't elaborated. The only one I could think of would be
decreased performance if SQL transactions are committed automatically
more than necessary (which wouldn't apply in my case). I guess that's
also likely why PEP 249 specifies that Python database implementations
must have autocommit mode turned off by default.

Thank you.

-- Timothy