How to use SQLite (sqlite3) more efficiently

Discussion in 'Python' started by R Johnson, Jun 6, 2014.

  1. R Johnson

    R Johnson Guest

    The subject line isn't as important as a header, carried invisibly
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I've never edited email headers before and
    didn't find any relevant help on Google. Could you please give some more
    details about how to do what you're referring to, or perhaps point me to
    a link that would explain more about it? (FYI, I read the Python mailing
    list on Google Groups, and reply to posts in Thunderbird, sending them
    to the Python-list email address.)

    I was thinking that since I've been manually calling conn.commit() in my
    wxPython program after executing each SQL transaction, it would make
    sense to use autocommit mode (by setting 'isolation_level' to None). Am
    I correct about this? I've read on StackOverflow that there can be
    disadvantages to using autocommit mode for SQL databases in general, but
    they weren't elaborated. The only one I could think of would be
    decreased performance if SQL transactions are committed automatically
    more than necessary (which wouldn't apply in my case). I guess that's
    also likely why PEP 249 specifies that Python database implementations
    must have autocommit mode turned off by default.

    Thank you.

    -- Timothy

    R Johnson, Jun 6, 2014