How to use SQLite (sqlite3) more efficiently

R Johnson

I forgot to mention that the scripts Peter pointed to used REPLACE
instead of INSERT OR REPLACE. The SQLite documentation says that REPLACE
is an alias for INSERT OR REPLACE provided for compatibility with other
SQL database engines. Is there a preference for one or the other?

I had changed my code from using INSERT OR REPLACE to using REPLACE
(including my new sample), but since then changed it back. I don't care
about compatibility with other database engines, and INSERT OR REPLACE
seems more logical to me, since REPLACE sounds like a synonym for UPDATE.

-- Timothy