How'd These Boxes Get Drawn???

Charles Richmond

On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
*not* clear to me...

http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

richard

On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
*not* clear to me...

http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

check the css and look for stuff that begins with -moz.
as I understand it, older browsers will just show the regular square
corners.

JJ

On the following web page in the bottom half, text posted from different
people is enclosed in a rounded-corner "cartoon balloon" style. How was
that accomplished in HTML??? I looked at the source of the page, but it was
*not* clear to me...

http://tinyurl.com/m8r2yqm

It's using images for the rounded DIV box tip, via CSS.

Without image, you can use CSS style like this:

..roundedBox {
display: inline-block;
background: #bbf;
padding: 10px;
border-radius: 10px; /* the rounded border tip */
}

Some text in the rounded box

Jonathan N. Little

Beauregard said:
Why did you suggest that? Charles did not say what browser he was using,
and "moz" stuff is only for Mozilla browsers.

Additionally, -moz-border-radius isn't need any more because Mozilla
browsers support border-radius and unlike IE user, Mozilla browser users
tend to upgrade.

Denis McMahon

[some crap]

How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of things as
if they were accurate facts.

Gus Richter

Denis said:
On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 21:37:10 -0500, richard wrote:

[some crap]

How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of
things as
if they were accurate facts.

What is infinity times infinity?
42.

That's the meaning of life.

Evan Platt

How many times do we have to tell you not to do this before you finally
learn not to post your erroneous and misguided understanding of things as
if they were accurate facts.

Yeah, good luck with that. Been trying to tell him that in other
groups for years.

Gus Richter

No it's not. The question is not known.

The question posed to the supercomputer was, "What is the meaning of life?"
The answer provided after many years was, " 42 ".

Helpful person

42 is the answer to the Ultimate Question of 'Life, the Universe, and
Everything'. This answer was first discovered by the computer Deep
Thought after seven and a half million years of calculation.

Gus

You're still forgetting the computer that came afterwards to
determine what the real question was. That computer was
earth and was destroyed just seconds before the final
computation. The mice were furious. Have you read all the
books? (Although only the first two books were extraordinary)

http://www.richardfisher.com

Charles Richmond

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
It isn't the HTML, it is the CSS. Open the CSS and search for

/* Rounded Bubble */

It's how the <div>s are styled.

I used the CSS and got rounded corners. But I wanted the outer border of my
tables to be shown, but *not* the border around each data item (<TD>) or row
(<TR>). How can I surpress the boxes except for the outer box around the
table???

Thanks in advance!!!

dorayme

Charles Richmond said:
I used the CSS and got rounded corners. But I wanted the outer border of my
tables to be shown, but *not* the border around each data item (<TD>) or row
(<TR>). How can I surpress the boxes except for the outer box around the
table???

Put a border on the table element but border: 0; on the table cell
elements.

td {border: 0;}

or

td {border: none;}

Same for th if you want.

Hot-Text

JJ said:
It's using images for the rounded DIV box tip, via CSS.
Without image, you can use CSS style like this:

.roundedBox {
display: inline-block;
background: #bbf;
padding: 10px;
border-radius: 10px; /* the rounded border tip */
}

Some text in the rounded box

Good Answer Keep Up the Good Work JJ

Hot-Text

richard said:

Have you
Look at that web
Page in Opera
Look Good

All Work
Will be
Tested here!

But get us wrong
We do like you
Richard

But no roundedBox in:
IE 8 Why?

HERE MORE INFO:
http://1littleworld.net/test/rounded.html - Section 508
Scan Results:
View a printable screen-reader-friendly version in a new window
Scan completed: 2/28/2014 7:19:21 PM
Group All issues
Section 508

Section 508 guidelines for web applications as described at the US Access Board web
site.1194.22(d)
Documents shall be organized so they are readable without requiring an associated
style sheet.d.2
Failure of Success Criterion 1.4.3, 1.4.6 and 1...

Users with vision loss or cognitive challenges often require specific foreground (text)
and background color combinations.

For instance, many people with low vision find it much easier to see
a Web page that has white text on a black background,
so they may have set their user agent to create this contrast.

If the author specifies that the text must be black,
then it may override the settings of the user agent and render
a page that has black text (specified by the author)
on black background (that was set in the user agent).

This principle also works in reverse.
If the Webmaster forces the background to be white,
then the white background specified by the author would be the same color as the white text
(which was set in the user agent)
rendering the page unusable to the user.

Therefore, if the author specifies a foreground (text) color then
they should also specify a background color which has sufficient contrast
(link) with the foreground and vice versa.Element specifies
background color but not specify foreground (text) color

http://1littleworld.net/test/rounded.html
Line 33, column 1, DIV element
Line 38, column 1, DIV element
d.1 Organize documents so they may be read without ...

So help us out Richard
And <B> to it
so we can see to TEXT

Gus Richter

Is this a literary, mathematical, philosphical, or postional assertion?

If positional, well, okay.

OK then. LOL
Could be referring to "positional vertigo", 'a spinning sensation caused
by changes in the position of the head'. LOL

Hot-Text

richard said:
check the css and look for stuff that begins with -moz.
as I understand it, older browsers will just show the regular square
corners.

So True Richard
Older browsers will just
Show the regular square