HTML Parser

Martien Verbruggen

What is this line supposed to do?

That is not what the line looked like in Asoup's original. In fact, it
was two lines, the first pne ending in '='. I think that your newsreader
is incorrectly removing something it thinks is quoted-printable encoding
or so. If I were you, I would fix the newsreader or get another one.

Martien

A. Sinan Unur

That is not what the line looked like in Asoup's original. In fact, it
was two lines, the first pne ending in '='. I think that your newsreader
is incorrectly removing something it thinks is quoted-printable encoding
or so. If I were you, I would fix the newsreader or get another one.

I am quite happy with XNews, thank you. Looking at the original on Google
shows some funkiness however:

http://tinyurl.com/5zttd

Copied and pasted from the page above:

$output_file =3D "/public_html/rss.txt";

$html =3D
get("http://www.yerkir.am/eng/index.php?sub=3Dnews_arm&id=3D11918");

$formatter =3D HTML::FormatText->new;

$tree_builder =3D HTML::TreeBuilder->new;

I am retracting my comment. I am glad the OP's post showed up properly on
your software.

Sinan.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Martien said:
I think that your newsreader is incorrectly removing something it
thinks is quoted-printable encoding or so.

The original message *was* sent quoted-printable encoded, so Sinan's
newsreader rather failed to decode it properly.

A. Sinan Unur

The original message *was* sent quoted-printable encoded, so Sinan's
newsreader rather failed to decode it properly.

I am no expert on this, but it seems like XNews is getting confused by Rule
#5 at http://rfc.net/rfc1521.html#p19. Oh well, I like everything else
about it. I'll be more careful next time.

Sinan.