HTML Preview

Chris

Hi @all,

I will realize the following:
My Webserver has a couple of html-files stored in
a directory. On my asp I will display an Preview of all
files as Thumbnails. How can I do that ?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Richard Brown

If your content is static (just html) and only a couple of pages as
stated then the simplest way would be to create the images manually and
display them on your Preview page.

If not then there appear to be a lot of toolkits available to generate
thumbnails dynamically. A Google search returns "webkit2png" as one of
the highest ranked.

Chris

Thanks Richard for reponse,

I have static html-files on my filesystem, so a preview page would be nice.
Have you any code snippets ?

Chris,

Richard Brown

Chris,

It's not something I done personally but I would imagine that based on
what you've said you want your code would look something akin to:

<asp:HyperLink id="hp1" runat="server"
ImageUrl="http://atp.nlb-online.org/Lessons/unit6/unit6.4/images/search.gif"
NavigateUrl="http://www.google.com"></asp:HyperLink>
Description of page 1
<asp:HyperLink id="hp2" runat="server"
ImageUrl="http://battellemedia.com/images/1995.jpg"
NavigateUrl="http://www.yahoo.com"></asp:HyperLink>
Description of page 2

Obviously how you format your page is up to you.