    133 Cars

    Any help is appreciated,
    thanks

    TS, Apr 30, 2008

  2. TS

    TS Guest

    to reiterate, i have tried simple   for spacing but the width taken up
    by the space is not the same as the width for a character, so alignment is
    not achieved (i have tried <pre> tag but it is isgnored)

    TS, Apr 30, 2008

  3. Hi TS,

    From your description, you're using an html <select> list to display some
    text data list. Since each select option will display two data field,
    you're looking for a way to better format the options so that those options
    are aligned correctly(like table) vertically, correcct?

    Regarding on this issue, I've performed some tests. It seems the <select>
    list's <option> item is quite limited that we can add little inner html to
    format the text in it. At least, html <table> cannot be used in <option>.
    I've also tried using <div>, it can be embeded into it, however, setting
    the width also not quite work. I'm thinking whether we can do the length
    formatting at data level. For example, for the data items you will bind to
    the <select> list, it is possible that you format the text data before bind
    to <select> list? For example, you can append html space (&nbsp;) to each
    text so as to fill them as a fixed width?

    Or you can look for some customized rich dropdownlist approach:

    #Rich List Controls in ASP.NET
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/custom-controls/RichListControls.aspx

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], May 1, 2008
  4. TS

    TS Guest

    Thanks, i was able to get the alignment to work using &nbsp; and a monospace
    font (courier)

    TS, May 1, 2008
  5. Thanks for your reply TS,

    I'm glad that you've found out your means to get the alignment working. If
    there is anything else we can help later, welcome to post here.

    Steven Cheng [MSFT], May 2, 2008