Html-tables-merging rows in a column

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", R D S finally
proclaimed:
Any ideas how to do this would be appreciated.

Firstly, you need to look up the rowspan and colspan attributes for the
td/th attributes. Secondly, what are you actually trying to achieve with
this, because there may be a better way of doing it ;)

R D S

Hi,

I want 3 columns in a table,
Col's 1 and 2 need 4 rows each, but the third column I want to only have one
row so I can put a pic in it which spans all the rows, is this poss?
Or do I need 2 tables side by side, or can I dictate the width of one table
and have a pic to the right of it?

Any ideas how to do this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rick

R D S

--
Dylan Parry

Usenet: The first post is free, but the next will cost you your soul.

If you look on my front page at justrimless.com I have 4 images with some
text next to them in a table, then to the right of all this I have put a pic
of a girl. It seems to work reasonable well using align="right on the image,
I will fiddle with the text size and check a couple of screen res's to see
how it does.
In IE I seem to have a bit of overlapping but not in Firefox, is this just
the way they handle tables differently? I cant tell which I prefer.

Thanks for any input,
Rick

Dylan Parry

Pondering the eternal question of "Hobnobs or Rich Tea?", R D S finally
proclaimed:
In IE I seem to have a bit of overlapping but not in Firefox, is this
just the way they handle tables differently? I cant tell which I
prefer.

That /effect/ shouldn't be happening, and I am not sure what exactly the
cause of it is, but you would be well advised to run the site through a
validator[1] to pick up some of the more obvious HTML errors[2]. Once
the errors are cleared up, and if the problem is still there, then I
might be able to see what's going on ;)

________
[1] http://validator.w3.org
[2] Of which there are 33, with several being missing tags.

Sid Ismail

: Hi,
:
: I want 3 columns in a table,
: Col's 1 and 2 need 4 rows each, but the third column I want to only have one
: row so I can put a pic in it which spans all the rows, is this poss?
: Or do I need 2 tables side by side, or can I dictate the width of one table
: and have a pic to the right of it?
:
: Any ideas how to do this would be appreciated.

Read up about rowspan.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_table_span

Sid