HttpApplication instance, loss of session state

Urs

Two questions:

1) What possibly causes HttpApplication from being unloaded or recycled?
2) How can I prevent HttpApplication from being unloaded or recycled (to
prevent loss of session state...) ?

Thanks for any hints. Urs

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Check out your <processModel> element in your machine.config at:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config
(path might vary)

you'll see a number of options that control app recycling, and you'll be
able to change them.

(I'd make a backup of that file before messing with it).

Karl

Urs

Thanks. Could I use ProcessModelSection.Timeout instead?
Urs

"Karl Seguin [MVP]" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME
net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%[email protected]...

Karl Seguin [MVP]

the timeout period is certainly one thing that'll cause the worker process
from restarting (which should be the only thing that causes your
httpapplication from unloading). But as you see in that file, there are
other things that can come into play (ie, memoryLimit,
restartQueueLimit,...)

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/