HttpModule runs for every extension?

Guest

Hi everyone,

I am running into a slight problem. My understanding is that a custom
HttpModule will run for every request made to the server, regardless of the
extension. I do not experience this behavior. My module only runs for the
extensions handled by the aspnet_isapi.dll.

Here are my sequence of steps:
1) Create the HttpModule
2) Compile and drop dll in the webApp bin directory.
3) Register it in the Web.config.

Can somebody please guide me in the right direction? I specifically need
this HttpModule to process requests when the page does not exist in the
application, so I can pull the page from another server and surface it using
context.Response.Write. The urls the users will be entering have no
extension, so the url looks like http://www.mysite.com/AAAABAA.

Currently this goes directly to the IIS 404 setting and not to my HttpModule
code.

Thanks in advance,

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

a HttpModule because its an asp.net module, will only run if the extension
is mapped to asp.net. so, you will to map all files to asp.net. in the next
release of IIS, you will be able to write isapi filters in a .net language
and not need to do this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)