Hung Service

Thom Little

I have a simple web service that was developed on a local machine and
checked-out. It was then FTPd to a remote server. The .dll was placed in
the /bin directory. The single .asmx file was placed in a directory called
Services.

I have a simple web application. It references the web service. It was
developed and checked out on a local machine and then FTPd to the same
remote server. The .dll was placed in the /bin directory. A single .aspx
file was placed in a directory called /Thom.

It operates correctly with the web application getting information from the
web service.

If the web application is updated and FTPd into the remote server then it
hangs when attempting to access the web service. After about two hours the
condition resets and it is totally operational again.

While it is hung, web applications on other servers hang when attempting to
access the web application (that was not changed) on the remote server.

When it is hung, a Visual Studio 2005 attempt to "add reference" for the web
application (that was not changed) hangs.

Is this a known problem (or stupidity on my part) that has a known
correction? What was the source of your information?