Hypotenuse of a right triangle

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by 1236x, Jan 18, 2018.

  1. 1236x

    1236x

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2017
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Develop a C# console application that computes the hypotenuse of a right triangle. The computation of the hypotenuse

    of a right triangle is based on the Pythagorean Theorem: c2 = a2 + b2 and the hypotenuse, c ("long side") of the triangle

    can be computed with the formula the hypotenuse is equal to the square root of the side a squared plus side b squared.

    The application should take as many side pairs inputs as the user desires and calculate each until the user enters a zero

    for both side one and side two (sentinel loop). You should use at least two (2) Math class methods.

    The output should look something like this:

    enter length of first side: 3

    enter length of second side: 4

    The hypotenuse is 5

    enter length of first side:
    3.44

    enter length of second side: 4.88

    The hypotenuse is 5.97059461025449

    enter length of first side:
    10.55

    enter length of second side: 33.0

    The hypotenuse is 34.6453820876607

    enter length of first side:
    0

    enter length of second side: 0

    Press any key to continue . . .

    I get that the hypotenuse is 5, but I'm not converting the inputs correctly. My problem is trying to find away to convert a string number input to a numeric value type.

    1236x, Jan 18, 2018