I cannot install gem

Dima Korneljuk

Hello dudes!!!!
I cannot install any gems. Running gem begins with "Bulk updating gem
source indes for: http://gems.rubyforge.org" and ends with
Error: while executing gem (Timeout::Error)
execution expired
Is it firewall or something else?

7

7stud --

Dima said:
Hello dudes!!!!
I cannot install any gems. Running gem begins with "Bulk updating gem
source indes for: http://gems.rubyforge.org" and ends with
Error: while executing gem (Timeout::Error)
execution expired
Is it firewall or something else?

I used to get that "Bulk updating" too, which made rubygems inoperable
for me. You may have to upgrade rubygems. What is the output of this
command:

$ gem -v

Updating rubygems is supposed to be easy, but in my case it was a long
nightmare.

Loga Ganesan

Dima said:
Hello dudes!!!!
I cannot install any gems. Running gem begins with "Bulk updating gem
source indes for: http://gems.rubyforge.org" and ends with
Error: while executing gem (Timeout::Error)
execution expired
Is it firewall or something else?

Use the gem1.8 command to install. gem searches for the repository which
is not valid.

Dima Korneljuk

7stud said:
I used to get that "Bulk updating" too, which made rubygems inoperable
for me. You may have to upgrade rubygems. What is the output of this
command:

$ gem -v

Updating rubygems is supposed to be easy, but in my case it was a long
nightmare.

I have installed gem 1.3.1, now running gem ends with
error "no such file or directory - c:\users\дима",though this directory
exists.
Do I need to put some system variable&