icc, gcc sse alignement

easter bunny

Hi,
I try to learn mmx and sse, to begin with i try to understand some
examples i found on the net.
Basically all __m128 vectors are 16 bit aligned, but one some
examples saw them 64 aligned. Is there any specific reason ?
I use icc most of the time, but some time I try to use gcc as well,
but I didn't get same result and even whorse
i got segfault sometimes, is this can be related to alignement
problem ?

Any ideas ?

easter bunny

easter said:
Hi,
I try to learn mmx and sse, to begin with i try to understand some
examples i found on the net.
Basically all __m128 vectors are 16 bit aligned, but one some
examples saw them 64 aligned. Is there any specific reason ?

[...]

Are you looking for comp.lang.asm.x86?

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Actually not because this a common issue with c/c++ and not really x86
asm.
I don't want to use asm code, just sse instrincs in my c++ code.

But anyway i will post in an other group if this is more appropriate.

Thanks for your answers