IEEE floating point conversion to decimal and back for a C program

GooglePoster

Hello,
I am looking for a function/utility to read in an IEEE value and
convert this to decimal, for testing purposes. Also, I need to
convert decimal values to IEEE values to send out on a network.

This is to be written in C, compiled under Borland C++5.2.

Thanks,

Paul Richards

GooglePoster said:
Hello,
I am looking for a function/utility to read in an IEEE value and
convert this to decimal, for testing purposes. Also, I need to
convert decimal values to IEEE values to send out on a network.

What do you mean by IEEE value? If you mean IEEE floats then it is
almost certain that your hardware platform stores floats in this format
already.

Also, what do you mean by decimal? Do you mean a textual represntation
of the floating point number? If so then the standard printf() can
display floats like this.