`If ` Q from newbie

Ian Pellew

Hi all;

As my starter into Python I have a small project using pullparser.py

My problem is testing what is coming back from a def() in
pullparser.py
I bet this is me not understanding something in Python.

I do
…..
tk = p.get_token()
print tk
……

and get:-
1 Token('data', '\n \n\n', None)
2 Token('comment', '#include virtual="/software/main/inc/warning.inc"
', None)
3 Token('data', '\n\n', None)
4 Token('startendtag', 'meta', [('name', 'DC.Rights'), ('content',
'Copyright (c) 2004 by IBM Corporation')])
5 Token('data', '\n', None)
6 Token('startendtag', 'meta', [('name', 'Security'), ('content',
'Public')])
7 Token('data', '\n', None)
8 Token('startendtag', 'meta', [('name', 'Robots'), ('content',
'index,follow')])
9 Token('data', '\n', None)
Etc.

I wanna
"if (tk????? is None): continue"

More generally, how do I know what is being returned from a def()?

Pointers/Advice pls.

Regards
Ian

Ad

wes weston

Ian,
It looks like the function call is returning a Token
object and that the Token object has three fields? You need
to go into the pullparser.py file and find out what "p" is -
not shown in your example. When the type of p is known,
find out out what p.get_token() is doing.

Top