IFAME and dynamic linking

SpaceGirl

Motta said:
Is it possible to link to an html page containing iframe, and decide by a
link argument what page to show in the iframe?

What I want is to avoid is making almost similar pages containing only the
different src="http://..." code.
I'd like to link with something like this ...

http://mydom.no/iframe.htm&location=http://somewhare.com/target.htm

We do exactly this on a couple of our sites, in ASP.

something like

url: something.com?page=news.asp

then the code for the index.asp page;

<%
framePage = request("page")
if framePage = "" then
framePage="myDefaultPageInCaseNoPageWasPassedInTheUrl.asp"
end if
%>
<iframe src=http://something.com/<%=framePage%> ... > ... </iframe>

Richard

Motta said:
Is it possible to link to an html page containing iframe, and decide by a
link argument what page to show in the iframe?
What I want is to avoid is making almost similar pages containing only
the different src="http://..." code.
I'd like to link with something like this ...

Do not do this across two seperate domains.
If you do and the other domain is not aware, and has not given permission,
you will be told to stop immediately.
This is in effect stealing bandwidth, intellectual property, and perhaps
infringing on trademarks and copyrights.

If I find someone doing it to me, I just redirect them to an adult website
with tons of sexually explicit graphics.