IIS 6 .net version conflict?

Dave T

My network services guy is telling me that only one version of .net can run
on a website under IIS 6 0n windows server 2003. For example, if a web site
is running a 1.1 app it can't also run a 2.x app. I can believe that for
individual web applications but not for entire iis web sites.

But I thought I would ask. Does anyone know if this is documented anywhere?

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

it is one .net version per application pool. And application pool can be
specified on application basis (e.g application can belong only to one
application pool)

George Ter-Saakov

That is incorrect.
Under Win 2003 there is such thing as Pools. you can see them in IIS
managment console.

Every application is assigned to some pool. You can have as many pools as
you want.
But .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 must be assigned to different pools. You can not
have two versions in the same pool.

We usually have 2 pools. 1 is called NET1 pool another is NET2 pool.

google "win 2003 iis .NET pool" for more info.

George.