IIS and Windows Script Component Problem.

Tony Heflin

I am having a problem determining the source of a problem. I have
created a very simple (for right now) windows script component that does
not work in an asp page(win2k server btw). I tested with a vbscript file
run from the machine and I can instantiate<sp> the object and it works
like it should, but when I try to use it in an asp page I get the following:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800c0005'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/beta/Default.asp, line 3

800c0005

I can create the same component in VB6 and it works fine in the asp
page, so the problem has to be related to windows scripting. I can also
use the built in windows script objects such as filesystemobject without
any problem. I have verified that permissions on the file and directory
are sufficient for the IUSR_ account. I am stumped as to where to look
for the source of this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tony Heflin

Mark Schupp

You're going to have to show the code for the script component. You also
might want to try one of the component newsgroups.

Tony Heflin

I have posted to the component group, I am just hedging my bets by
posting here also. This componet is just a test property and method to
ensure that everything was working before I started any real coding.

Thanks

Here is the code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<component>
<?component error="true" debug="true"?>
<registration
description="CDI_Portal"
progid="CDIPortal.WSC"
version="1.00"
classid="{185cb8bf-8ee8-4da4-8001-e1a61032c3cd}"</registration>
<public>
<property name="Porperty">
<get/>
<put/>
</property>
<method name="Method">
<PARAMETER name="Parm"/>
</method>

<method name="Ping">
</method>

</public>
<object id="Con" progid="ADODB.Connection"></object>
<object id="fso" progid="Scripting.FileSystemObject"></object>
<implements type="ASP" id="ASP"/>
<script language="VBScript">
<![CDATA[
Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2, ForAppend = 8

dim Porperty
Porperty = "PropValue"

function get_Porperty()
get_Porperty = Porperty