Help with debugging VB DLL, ASP/IIS (an odd problem)

Colin

Hello,

I have a VB COM component that is created from an ASP page with
Server.CreateObject. Up until a few weeks ago, when I wanted to debug
the component, I would stop w3svc, "Start" the component in the VB6
IDE, start w3svc, and everything worked as you'd expect it to - when
the component was created with the ASP script, I could set breakpoints,
step through, etc.

However, for some reason, in the last few weeks, this has stopped
working; when I go to the ASP page, I get the error "The call to
Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied
to this object". To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed
anywhere apart from other unrelated ASP files; I haven't altered any
permissions or changed the component.

I've been playing with permissions and DCOMCNFG all day (and googling
for help), but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks for reading this

Colin