    but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
    Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Oct 16, 2010

  2. Mr. X.

    Evertjan. Guest

    Mr. X. wrote on 16 okt 2010 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have Windows7.
    > I am using IIS.
    > I see that on IPConfig I have IPv4 address : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ip address
    > (replace aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd with numbers).
    > when I do on browser on my computer :
    > http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
    > everything is fine, and I can see the default page,
    > but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
    > Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?

    Not really a classic ASP question.

    ASP is a platform for serverside scripting.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 16, 2010

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Mr. X." <>
    writing in news:i9brrf$j13$-september.org:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I have Windows7.
    > I am using IIS.
    > I see that on IPConfig I have IPv4 address : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ip address
    > (replace aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd with numbers).
    > when I do on browser on my computer :
    > http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
    > everything is fine, and I can see the default page,
    > but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
    > Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?
    >
    > Thanks :)

    It would have helped if you had let us know at least the first three
    numbers of that IP address. I suspect it's 192 - in which case, it's
    your localhost, which is not available to the WWW.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 18, 2010
  4. Mr. X.

    Bwig Zomberi Guest

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Mr. X."<>
    > writing in news:i9brrf$j13$-september.org:
    >
    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> I have Windows7.
    >> I am using IIS.
    >> I see that on IPConfig I have IPv4 address : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ip address
    >> (replace aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd with numbers).
    >> when I do on browser on my computer :
    >> http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
    >> everything is fine, and I can see the default page,
    >> but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
    >> Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?
    >>
    >> Thanks :)

    > It would have helped if you had let us know at least the first three
    > numbers of that IP address. I suspect it's 192 - in which case, it's
    > your localhost, which is not available to the WWW.

    If it was 127.0.0.1, then it is localhost. Most computers on Lan are on
    192.168.x.x.

    It is likely that the other computers cannot connect to the webserver
    computer or the webserver computer is not accepting connections from
    other computers. It could be a networking or proxy problem.

    --
    Bwig Zomberi

    Bwig Zomberi, Oct 22, 2010