IIS configuration.

Mr. X.

Hello.

I have Windows7.
I am using IIS.
I see that on IPConfig I have IPv4 address : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ip address
(replace aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd with numbers).
when I do on browser on my computer :
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
everything is fine, and I can see the default page,
but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?

Thanks :)

Evertjan.

Mr. X. wrote on 16 okt 2010 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have Windows7.
I am using IIS.
I see that on IPConfig I have IPv4 address : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ip address
(replace aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd with numbers).
when I do on browser on my computer :
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
everything is fine, and I can see the default page,
but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?

Not really a classic ASP question.

ASP is a platform for serverside scripting.

Adrienne Boswell

Hello.

I have Windows7.
I am using IIS.
I see that on IPConfig I have IPv4 address : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ip address
(replace aaa, bbb, ccc, ddd with numbers).
when I do on browser on my computer :
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
everything is fine, and I can see the default page,
but on other computers around the internet, I got the message :
Internet explorer cannot display the webpage?

Thanks :)

It would have helped if you had let us know at least the first three
numbers of that IP address. I suspect it's 192 - in which case, it's
your localhost, which is not available to the WWW.

Bwig Zomberi

Adrienne said:
It would have helped if you had let us know at least the first three
numbers of that IP address. I suspect it's 192 - in which case, it's
your localhost, which is not available to the WWW.

If it was 127.0.0.1, then it is localhost. Most computers on Lan are on
192.168.x.x.

It is likely that the other computers cannot connect to the webserver
computer or the webserver computer is not accepting connections from
other computers. It could be a networking or proxy problem.