IIS + domain?

Paulo

Tried on IIS NG, but no success, maybe you asp developers can help:

Hi, I've a WinXP Pro running IIS on it. When I typed http://MachineName on
IE it showed error: 401.1, then I checked "Integrated Win Authentication" on
IIS and on the local machine works well.

But if other people on my LAN access the system, shows a dialog box with
User and Pwd... How to fix (disable) it?

If this information helps, the machine is from my customer and it's inside a
domain ( dow.com )... Any help?

Jon Wallace

Hi Paulo,

The reason it works on the local machine is because you are already
authenticated (you had to log onto the local machine right) so you have
access to the files / folders that make up your website content. People
connecting from the network are prompted for username / password as they
have not authenticated to the machine and therefore need to.

So to fix the problem, you need to allow users to visit the site
anonymously - that way they will not be prompted for a username and
password.

Regards,
Jon

www.insidetheregistry.com