IIS and WebDav problems

zdaudert

I am trying to setup IIS 6 to allow web developers to connect up to the
web root of a website via WebDav and work on site files including .asp
and .aspx files.

I have setup a website for this purpose in IIS. The home directory is
mapped to a local folder on the machine. Under the 'home directory' tab
all the permission boxes are checked ('script source access, read,
write, etc...). Execute permissions are set to 'scripts and
executables'. I've also removed .asp from the 'application extensions'
list accessed from the 'configuration' tab. Basic authentication is
turned on under 'directory security/authenticati on and access
control'. I do not have URLScan installed, so any filtering is by IIS
only.

This is all working as expected; I can mount the WebDav connection in
Windows Explorer and navigate, view and open/save files. I can also
access the website via a browser and browse directories/view browser
appropriate files, etc. The problem is that I cannot access any .asp
files at all. If I look in the logs for the website I get a entry for
the WebDav request (PROPFIND) with a 404 error. The file *is there* I
just can't access it. Other files (.html, .css., .jpg, etc.) work fine.

What can I enable/disable in IIS to make this work?? I have spent hours
on this already and about to give up.