IIS6 / ASP.Net Security

dbarker1

I have an application that is currently working in IIS5 that when
elevated to a IIS6 machine is causing some problems. I have a .Net
application that is running under the default application pool "Network
Server" account. My application uses a .Net to Java bridge (proxy) to
use a 3rd party API. I have added Network Service account access to
all the directories that the proxy and 3rd party API use. This
currently works on IIS 5.0 with the ASPNET account. The rights I need
are READ, EXECUTE, and LIST FOLDER CONTENTS. I also have anonymous
access turned off to the virtual directory I am using because I am
tracking the LAN ID of the currently logged in user. Every time run
any code that goes out side the webroot folder (such as
com.jnbridge.jnbproxy.JavaSide.disposeAll() that is inside a DLL on my
D drive) it prompts me to authenticate? I am not sure why because
network service has access to these directories?? Could anyone shead
any light on this issue? I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks in
advance.

Dan Barker