    decided to try out flash.
    And i would like to do this with some free software (freeware)

    Thanks, and apologies for posting this in here!

    Patrick, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Hi Patrick,

    I think you're a bit confused. ASP.Net is a server-side technology, and
    Flash is a client-side technology. ASP.Net creates HTML; Flash creates
    client-side graphics and animation. I don't see how you could decide to use
    one OR the other to do the same thing! Our company, for example, uses both.
    We use ASP.Net for server-side applications and web services, and often use
    Flash on the client side, and dynamically create the tags for the SWF on the
    server-side using ASP.Net, or have the SWF get data from a server-side web
    service. You will never get server-side functionality from a SWF.

    In any case, you should ask your question on a Macromedia newsgroup, or
    search Macromedia.com for your answer.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer