image input field not sending value to servlet request object

efiedler

Hi - I have the following input field on my html page:

<input type="image" name="submit" id="submit" src="c:\image.jpg"
value="image.jpg">

I also have another input field on the form that is a text box. When
submitted my form posts its data to a servlet. I can click on the
image, and the form is posted and the servlet is ran. However, I was
stepping through the debuger of the servlet and I noticed the request
object sent from the form did not have the value of the image field in
it. It did have the value of the text field I mentioned, and that is
it.

In the servelt I run (this is more or less pseudecode below)

Enumeration enumRequest = Request.GetParameterNames()
While enumRequest.hasmoreelements(){
string strParam = (String)enumRequest.nextelement()
string strParamValue = (String)request.getparameter(strParam)
}

The only parameter returned to me is the value in the text
field....Why am I not receviing the value of the image field i.e.
"image.jpg"

Thanks.

Tim Slattery

Hi - I have the following input field on my html page:

<input type="image" name="submit" id="submit" src="c:\image.jpg"
value="image.jpg">

I also have another input field on the form that is a text box. When
submitted my form posts its data to a servlet. I can click on the
image, and the form is posted and the servlet is ran. However, I was
stepping through the debuger of the servlet and I noticed the request
object sent from the form did not have the value of the image field in
it. It did have the value of the text field I mentioned, and that is
it.

According to the reference I'm looking at, there is no "value"
property for the <input type="image"...> tag.