imagemaps and css

Paul F. Johnson

Hi,

I've done a bit of googling to see if I can find how to do this...

Currently, I have a website in design which needs an imagemap. Now, I
already have a stylesheet setup which loads the background image for me
via

background : #dbdbdb
url("http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/images/rn.jpg") no-repeat;

I've defined my image map for this banner.

As I'm loading in the banner via the stylesheet, I'd like to say which to
use the map within the stylesheet.

While there is a map, there isn't a usemap. Do I just swap one for the
other and have something like

.... no-repeat map("#logo-map");

or do I need a separate line which reads

map : url("#logo-map");

?

TTFN

Paul

rf

Paul F. Johnson said:
Hi,

I've done a bit of googling to see if I can find how to do this...

Currently, I have a website in design which needs an imagemap. Now, I
already have a stylesheet setup which loads the background image for me
via

background : #dbdbdb
url("http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/images/rn.jpg") no-repeat;

I've defined my image map for this banner.

Er, banner? It's a background.

Image maps don't apply to backgrounds.
As I'm loading in the banner via the stylesheet, I'd like to say which to
use the map within the stylesheet.

Hmmm. It's not a banner, it's a background.

Image maps don't apply to backgrounds
While there is a map, there isn't a usemap. Do I just swap one for the
other and have something like
... no-repeat map("#logo-map");

or do I need a separate line which reads

map : url("#logo-map");

Read this.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/objects.html#h-13.6

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail

:
: : > On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:04:16 +0000, "Paul F. Johnson"
: >
: > : background : #dbdbdb
: > : url("http://ahnews.music.salford.ac.uk/rn2/images/rn.jpg") no-repeat;
: > :
: > : I've defined my image map for this banner.
: >
: >
: > Wont work. It is a _background_, and will render differently depending on
: > resolution.
:
: How so Sid? What does 'resolution' have to do with the rendering of a
: background?
:

If you're on a 640 width, and the image map points to 700,30 e.g.... see ?

Sid