import outlook contacts question

WebBuilder451

i'm building an appilication will have an import feature for outlook
contacts. I've seen hints on how to do it, but have not found a full webform
based appilication that will open outlook's addresses from the client and
read them to the web server for display and impoprt. does any one have an
example?

Joern Schou-Rode

open outlook's addresses from the client and read them to the
web server for display and impoprt.

Well, the server certainly cannot read files on the clients hard drive. I
believe you have the following to options:

1. Ask the client to export the contacts as a CSV file (or the like) and
upload that file to the server.

2. Implement some kind of client side control (eg Java applet) that is
able to locate the data on the clients disk and upload it to the server.

WebBuilder451

I agree. I notice Linked in does this, but do not know how they are doing
this. Is there an ActiveX control out there some where that will open up
outlook contacts?
--
(i''ll be asking a lot of these, but I find C# totally way cooler than vb
and there''s no go''n back!!!)

kes

WebBuilder451

ok, thank you both.
I'm doing as i was doing before, which is the suggestion you both had.
Appreciated
KES