Index Page Shifts Position

Guest

Can anyone tell me why my index.html pages sits slightly to the right of all the other pages?

http://www.tomhanser.com/index.html

I sure can't figure it out.

In IE, clicking on WORKS, or anything other than HOME, the page elements shift slightly left. Drives me nuts.

Thanks!

Stephen

In Dave Patton <[email protected]> expounded:
| <Dinsdale> wrote in |

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.tomhanser.com/ind
| ex.html>
| It doesn't say much that your Web Design page has errors.

I tried to make sense of it, but as Dave just said, you need to validate the
page. I think there are lots of missing or misplaced end tags. As to the
difference between Home and the others, a quick look at the source shows
that there are <csaction>, etc tags which I had to Google to determine they
are some tags used with Adobe GoLive that run javascripts. I've never heard
of them, but, since they are the glaring difference in the code, you might
look there. Good luck.

Mark Parnell

Can anyone tell me why my index.html pages sits
slightly to the right of all the other pages?

Looks fine in Mozilla. As others have said, start by validating the
page. If it is still happening once the page validates, start removing
things from the page until it works. That means the last thing you took
out is what is causing the problem.

You may also want to have a look at this:
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

BTW: Please adjust the line length in your newsreader to around 78
characters. Thanks.