Indexing Service Server 2008 IIS 7.0 Adobe Ifilter

Jerry C

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Hi Jerry,

I've tested on my side. It works fine. From the following documentation we
can see: Starting with Acrobat and Reader 7.0.5, iFilter functionality is
now bundled within the Acrobat and Reader products.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2611

So I downloaded and installed Adobe Reader 9 directly.

The first time I tried the code it worked for txt but did not work for pdf.
Since my testing pdf file is pretty large I think the Indexing Service need
some time to create the index. To make sure the index has been created, I
launched mmc. Under the directories section right click the directory
containing the pdf and select All Tasks-> Rescan (full) . Then wait several
minutes to let the Indexing Service create the index. Finally the ASP.NET
page successfully searched the pdf out.

If it still doesn't work, please try to restart the Indexing Service and do
a full rescan again. Please note the larger the pdf file is the more time
the Indexing Service needs to create the index.

If you still cannot search the pdf file please do let me know.

Regards,
Allen Chen
Microsoft Online Support

(e-mail address removed).

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Indexing Service Server 2008 IIS 7.0 Adobe Ifilter
| Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:01:03 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| I have a server 2008 IIS 7.0 with indexing service installed.
|
| I have created the catalog and have a test page using these posts:
http://kbalertz.com/954822/install-configure-Indexing-Service-Windows-Server
-computer.aspx

http://kbalertz.com/820105/Application-Query-Indexing-Service-Catalog-Using-
Visual-Basic.aspx

| I can search some files .xls .doc and others but It will not find
anything
| in .pdf
|
| I have Adobe PDF IFilter 6.0 installed.
|
| Does anyone have any experence setting this up.
|
| Thank you
| --
| Jerry

Jerry C

Allen,

Thank you for the reply.

I uninstalled the adobe reader. It was not Version 9.

I installed Adobe Reader 9.0 and let indexing server index the directories
and it worked

Thank you