Indexing Service Server 2008 IIS 7.0 Adobe Ifilter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jerry C, Nov 10, 2008.

  1. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Jerry C, Nov 10, 2008

  2. Hi Jerry,

    I've tested on my side. It works fine. From the following documentation we
    can see: Starting with Acrobat and Reader 7.0.5, iFilter functionality is
    now bundled within the Acrobat and Reader products.

    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2611

    So I downloaded and installed Adobe Reader 9 directly.

    The first time I tried the code it worked for txt but did not work for pdf.
    Since my testing pdf file is pretty large I think the Indexing Service need
    some time to create the index. To make sure the index has been created, I
    launched mmc. Under the directories section right click the directory
    containing the pdf and select All Tasks-> Rescan (full) . Then wait several
    minutes to let the Indexing Service create the index. Finally the ASP.NET
    page successfully searched the pdf out.

    If it still doesn't work, please try to restart the Indexing Service and do
    a full rescan again. Please note the larger the pdf file is the more time
    the Indexing Service needs to create the index.

    If you still cannot search the pdf file please do let me know.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    --------------------
    | From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <>
    | Subject: Indexing Service Server 2008 IIS 7.0 Adobe Ifilter
    | Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:01:03 -0800
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    |
    | I have a server 2008 IIS 7.0 with indexing service installed.
    |
    | I have created the catalog and have a test page using these posts:
    http://kbalertz.com/954822/install-configure-Indexing-Service-Windows-Server
    -computer.aspx

    http://kbalertz.com/820105/Application-Query-Indexing-Service-Catalog-Using-
    Visual-Basic.aspx

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Nov 11, 2008

  3. Jerry C

    Jerry C Guest

    Allen,

    Thank you for the reply.

    I uninstalled the adobe reader. It was not Version 9.

    I installed Adobe Reader 9.0 and let indexing server index the directories
    and it worked

    Thank you

    Jerry C, Nov 11, 2008