Indigo httpd.conf - mod_perl.so cannot be loaded

Nele Paulsen

Hi,

I've just downloaded the last version from the indigo page.
No error with setup, but apache service cannot be started because of
the following error:

Event-ID: 3299

The Apache service named reported the following error:Module was not found.

C:/indigoperl/apache/modules/mod_perl.so exists.
I saw some simular error messages for Python in news groups but there
wasn't
realy a soltion, which I could adapt.
I made all lines according mod_perl to '#'-lines, than the apache
service starts.

#ISEXT BEGIN
# BEGIN MOD_PERL CONFIG
ScriptAlias /perl-bin/ "C:/indigoperl/apache/perl-bin/"
PerlSendHeader On
<Location /perl-bin>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
Options ExecCGI
</Location>
# END MOD_PERL CONFIG

What module cannot be found?

TIA,

Nele

Carsten Aulbert

Nele said:
What module cannot be found?

Just a blind guess from my side, since I never ran apache on win32:

Do you have to use backslashes instead of forward slashes, or does apache
translate them?

Sorry if I'm totally wrong

CA

David K. Wall

Carsten Aulbert said:
Just a blind guess from my side, since I never ran apache on
win32:

Do you have to use backslashes instead of forward slashes, or does
apache translate them?

Sorry if I'm totally wrong

Windows doesn't have a problem with forward slashes in path/filenames.
AFAIK it's only CMD.EXE that requires backslashes.

To the OP: please try a newsgroup devoted to web servers, as this has
nothing to do with Perl (even though Apache is bundled with Indigo
Perl). I'd suggest comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows. You're
more likely to get a useful answer there.

A. Sinan Unur

AFAIK it's only CMD.EXE that requires backslashes.

Well, at least with Win XP Pro, there does not seem to be such a
requirement:

C:\Home> c:/perl/bin/perl -v

Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall