Ini file equivalent ASP.Net etc

MikeVance

We need a way to replace .ini files or at least a safe way to
read/parse them in WEB applications. Hard coding User Identification
and Passwords in pages causes to much maintenance. Calling API's
from ASP isn't viable/allowable or secure. How are others addressing
this issue?

Thanks - Mike

MikeVance

I'm new to ASP.net, so what would the code look like to find/read a key
like [TheParm]=12345 from Web.config

tf_group

in vb.net

System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("config setting
name")

Peter Zolja

We need a way to replace .ini files or at least a safe way to
read/parse them in WEB applications. Hard coding User Identification
and Passwords in pages causes to much maintenance. Calling API's
from ASP isn't viable/allowable or secure. How are others addressing
this issue?

Try looking into storing values in the web.config file; it's fairly easy to
access custom values from your application...