initialization problem

Greg

Hi,

This code gives the error: "The ConnectionString property has not been
initialized" in the line : d.Fill(ds).
The sConnectionString is defined in web.config and refers to a sqlserver mdf
file.

Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Handles Me.Load

Dim d As SqlDataAdapter
Dim ds As DataSet
Dim sql As String
Dim sConnectionString As String
sConnectionString =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("prod")

sql = "SELECT * FROM [mytable]"
d = New SqlDataAdapter(sql, sConnectionString)
ds = New DataSet()
d.Fill(ds)

Any idea what's wrong? I cant find my error.
Thanks
Greg

Greg

I found it: the string is wrong:
sConnectionString =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("prod").ToString()