why does this formview not appear?

Cliff

Hi,

I expect with this code to see the FormView in the browser but nothing
appears (no error, no formview).
I checked with variable 'x' and i know there is one record in the dataset.
The formview must be editable.

Did i forget something?
Thanks for help.

code-behind:
-----------
Dim ds As DataSet
Dim d As SqlDataAdapter
Dim sql As String
Dim sConnectionString As String
Dim x As Integer

sConnectionString =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("aspnetdb").ToString()
'in web.config
sql = "SELECT field1, field2 FROM table1 where ....
d = New SqlDataAdapter(sql, sConnectionString)
ds = New DataSet()
x = d.Fill(ds) 'this gives 1 record
FormView1.DataSource = ds
FormView1.DataBind()

aspx file:
---------
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server">
<EditItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server"
Text="username:"></asp:Label>
<asp:TextBox runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("field1") %>' >
</asp:TextBox>
<asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" Text="your age:"></asp:Label>
<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("field2")
%>'>
</asp:TextBox>
</EditItemTemplate>
</asp:FormView>
</form>

Bruno Alexandre

from the code, that will never show you the editable part !
cause, and please see the code, where is the line that you say the FormView
to be in EDIT mode ???
by default it always show the ITEM mode!

<asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DefaultMode="Edit">

and by the way, please write a proper code (this s just a sugestion to build
a cleaner code):

Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.SqlClient

---

Using Connection As New
SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("aspnetdb").ConnectionString)
Dim ad As New SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM TableName... ",
Connection)
Dim ds As New DataSet()
ad.Fill(ds, "TableName")

FormView1.DataSource = ds
FormView1.DataBind()
End Using

The Using will close all the open objects so you do not need to close after
using them.

--

Bruno Alexandre
Stroby, Danmark