inotify - ruby

Sandor Szücs

Hi all!

I just want to have Events on created or modified files and directories
under a specific directory (recursive) on a Linux system.

According to google there exists three inotify libraries, but their =20
states
bother me a bit.

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/inotify/
http://dinhe.net/~aredridel/projects/ruby/ruby-inotify.html
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rinotify/

It seems that all projects are not longer maintained, because the last
changes are on 2007 and one of them on 2005. All three are marked as =20
beta
and I don't really know what I should do now.
The oldest is inotify and is written in pure ruby, which I prefer. I
think I can easily add behaviour that I want to have.

Has anyone used that libs or one of them before?

Any suggestions are welcome.

regards, Sandor Sz=FCcs
--=

Aria Stewart

Hi all!

I just want to have Events on created or modified files and =20
directories
under a specific directory (recursive) on a Linux system.

According to google there exists three inotify libraries, but their =20=
states
bother me a bit.

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/inotify/
http://dinhe.net/~aredridel/projects/ruby/ruby-inotify.html
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rinotify/

It seems that all projects are not longer maintained, because the last
changes are on 2007 and one of them on 2005. All three are marked as =20=
beta
and I don't really know what I should do now.
The oldest is inotify and is written in pure ruby, which I prefer. I
think I can easily add behaviour that I want to have.

Has anyone used that libs or one of them before?

Not updated could mean done, you know.

I've a patch waiting to integrate, and a single unsolved issue on =20
Ubuntu 7.10.

Anyway. Ruby-inotify is maintained.

Aria Stewart
(e-mail address removed)

Sandor Szücs

Not updated could mean done, you know.

Yes maybe, but I don't know and if all have the status "beta" then, I =20=

should
ask before I use, or?
I've a patch waiting to integrate, and a single unsolved issue on =20
Ubuntu 7.10.

Ok, but where I can find the status of your project?

Maybe I just have not found the right url:
http://dinhe.net/~aredridel/projects/ruby/ruby-inotify.html
Anyway. Ruby-inotify is maintained.

Nice to know. Thank you for your work!
It's just I downloaded ruby-inotify-0.0.2 unpackaged the archive and =20
there
wasn't a README or CHANGELOG that could point the state of your work =20
or when
the last patch was integrated.

regards, Sandor Sz=FCcs
--=