install msi file

tangolp

Hello,

I have a msi file that is located on the web server. On the web form
contains a button. What I'd like to do is write a C# code that when
click on the button, install the msi file on the client. Is this
possible? Thanks much

Guest

You cannot open a MSI file by click of a button. All the C# code at server
side is HTML and Javascript at client side. Browser security do not allow
installing a progrma in click of a HTML button. Alternatively you can add
Javascript to your button click and open a URL with the path to MSI.

Button.Attributes.Add("onclick", "Javascript to OPEN Window with URL to MSI")

This will prompt to install the application.