Install Nokogiri

Lucas Panthe

Hi,
in two my server with Ubuntu I'm not able to install nokogiri.
When I run the installation command appears this message:
root@server1:/usr/lib# gem install nokogiri
ERROR: Error installing nokogiri:

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb
checking for libxml/parser.h... no
-----
libxml2 is missing. please visit
http://nokogiri.org/tutorials/installing_nokogiri.html for help with
installing dependencies.
-----
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--without-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=/usr/bin/ruby1.8
--with-zlib-dir
--without-zlib-dir
--with-zlib-include
--without-zlib-include=${zlib-dir}/include
--with-zlib-lib
--without-zlib-lib=${zlib-dir}/lib
--with-iconv-dir
--without-iconv-dir
--with-iconv-include
--without-iconv-include=${iconv-dir}/include
--with-iconv-lib
--without-iconv-lib=${iconv-dir}/lib
--with-xml2-dir
--without-xml2-dir
--with-xml2-include
--without-xml2-include=${xml2-dir}/include
--with-xml2-lib
--without-xml2-lib=${xml2-dir}/lib
--with-xslt-dir
--without-xslt-dir
--with-xslt-include
--without-xslt-include=${xslt-dir}/include
--with-xslt-lib
--without-xslt-lib=${xslt-dir}/lib

Gem files will remain installed in /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.4
for inspection.
Results logged to
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.4/ext/nokogiri/gem_make.out

Somebody can help me please??
I'm searching on the net for some information but for now nothing to
do...
Thansk in advance.
;-)

Alex Stahl

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

Alex Stahl | Sr. Quality Engineer | hi5 Networks, Inc. | (e-mail address removed)
| m: 415.710.6961

Lucas Panthe

Alex Stahl wrote in post #962692:
sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

Alex Stahl | Sr. Quality Engineer | hi5 Networks, Inc. | (e-mail address removed)
| m: 415.710.6961

Thanks for your reply but I've just installed libxml2-dev...
I don't know what happens, One server have Ubuntu 9.04 and the other
Ubuntu 10.04 but int all the same error...

Alex Stahl

Might be a different lib you need. Try 'apt-cache search libxml' to
what else is available... might just be 'libxml2' you need, instead of
-dev. Or maybe 'libxml-ruby(1.8|1.9.1)'.

Then again, this was exactly the problem I ran into when I was setting
up, and installing 'libxml2-dev' and 'libxslt-dev' resolved it. But if
you're not getting an error on the latter, you would already have it.

Alex Stahl wrote in post #962707:
Might be a different lib you need. Try 'apt-cache search libxml' to
what else is available... might just be 'libxml2' you need, instead of
-dev. Or maybe 'libxml-ruby(1.8|1.9.1)'.

Then again, this was exactly the problem I ran into when I was setting
up, and installing 'libxml2-dev' and 'libxslt-dev' resolved it. But if
you're not getting an error on the latter, you would already have it.

Alex Stahl | Sr. Quality Engineer | hi5 Networks, Inc. | (e-mail address removed)

I've try this combination in various format but nothing to do...

libxml2 libxml2-dev libruby1.8 libruby libxml-libxml-perl libxml-perl
libxml2-utils libxml-ruby libxml-ruby1.8
libxml-ruby1.9.1

brabuhr

Alex Stahl wrote in post #962692:

Thanks for your reply but I've just installed libxml2-dev...

And also lib xslt dev?

What does /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.4/ext/nokogiri/gem_make.out say?

Lucas Panthe

unknown wrote in post #962840:
And also lib xslt dev?

What does
/var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/nokogiri-1.4.4/ext/nokogiri/gem_make.out say?

I've solve my problem doing that:
wget http://i.loveruby.net/archive/racc/racc-1.4.5-all.tar.gz
tar xzvf racc-1.4.5-all.tar.gz
cd racc-1.4.5-all