Installed IIS after .NET Framework

Nick

Hi there,

I'm having troubles with IIS as it was installed after the .NET
Framework and VS.NET 2003. In the control panel I cannot see the "Web
Service Extensions" section in order to enable any of them. How do I
resolve this? Please don't say I have to uninstall the .net framework and
reinstall it? Thanks loads in advance!

Guest

from the Asp Framework folder

aspnet_regiis.exe -i (to install)
aspnet_regiis.exe -c (to copy the client files to the folder)

hth

Thomas Elser

Hi Nick,

%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.X.XXXX\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

should do the trick

Thomas

Juan T. Llibre

run aspnet_regiis -i

That should register the .Net Framework with IIS.
( and that includes registering ASP.NET with IIS )

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
==========================

Nick

Unfortunately the folder is still not there.

Curt_C said:
from the Asp Framework folder

aspnet_regiis.exe -i (to install)
aspnet_regiis.exe -c (to copy the client files to the folder)

hth

Juan T. Llibre

If the .NET Framework was uninstalled and its directory deleted,
there's no way out but to reinstall the .Net Framework.

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP
ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/

Nick

Aarrrrghhh!!!

Thanks, why on earth cant they make a simple app that fixes it? Oh well,
cheers for your help :)

Nick.

Nick

What a crap day i'm having!!!