Installer

Chris

Hey all,

I've created a python program that relies on pysqlite, wxpython, and
matplotlib. Is there any way of creating an installer that will
install all these modules, python 2.5 and my program?

Thanks.

Martin v. Löwis

I've created a python program that relies on pysqlite, wxpython, and
matplotlib. Is there any way of creating an installer that will
install all these modules, python 2.5 and my program?

Sure. Look at Tools/msi in the Python code, and adjust it to your
needs. Please don't use the official product code, but create your own
one.

Regards,
Martin

M.-A. Lemburg

Hey all,

I've created a python program that relies on pysqlite, wxpython, and
matplotlib. Is there any way of creating an installer that will
install all these modules, python 2.5 and my program?

Assuming that you're on Windows, a well-working approach is
to wrap up your application using py2exe and then creating
an installer using e.g. InnoSetup or NSIS.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Apr 24 2008)________________________________________________________________________

Mike Driscoll

Hey all,

I've created a python program that relies on pysqlite, wxpython, and
matplotlib. Is there any way of creating an installer that will
install all these modules, python 2.5 and my program?

Thanks.

Chris,

If all you're doing is creating an installer for your custom Python
program to be run on PCs without Python, then you should take a look
at py2exe or gui2exe (a py2exe wrapper). I use the latter to roll my
program into an exe, then I use Inno Setup (which is free) to create
the installer.

Mike