Intalling Python 2.6 on Mac OSX 10.9

Robert Schmidt

I am trying to install Python 2.6 because Pygame will only run on 2.6.
The configure gives only warnings.
make frameworkinstall
gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -IInclude -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -DSVNVERSION=\"`LC_ALL=C svnversion .`\" -o Modules/getbuildinfo.o ./Modules/getbuildinfo.c
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'directory"'

I need a hint. Am I foolish to try and install Pygame? Is that dead?

Mark Lawrence

I am trying to install Python 2.6 because Pygame will only run on 2.6.
The configure gives only warnings.
make frameworkinstall
gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -IInclude -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -DSVNVERSION=\"`LC_ALL=C svnversion .`\" -o Modules/getbuildinfo.o ./Modules/getbuildinfo.c
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'directory"'

I need a hint. Am I foolish to try and install Pygame? Is that dead?

This same question was answered on another thread 16 hours ago.