No rule to make target `Parser/printgrammar.o'

ashish

I'm trying to compile Python from source and get the same error on
RedHat and Mac OS X. I did not pass any options to configure. The
error occurs immediately.

Redhat:~/Downloads/Python-2.7$ make
gcc -pthread -c -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -
Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I. -IInclude -I./Include -DPy_BUILD_CORE -
o Modules/python.o ./Modules/python.c
make: *** No rule to make target `Parser/printgrammar.o', needed by
`Parser/pgen'. Stop.

MacOSX:python-2.7$ make
gcc -c -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -