Integrating PHP app with Ruby on Rails app?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ryan.cheng, Apr 23, 2006.

  1. ryan.cheng

    ryan.cheng Guest

    Hi Ruby(and Ruby on Rails) Gurus,

    I am working on a website that uses Drupal as the CMS and ruby on rails
    as the main app. I would like to integrate the two in a way so that the
    user does not have to login twice, once for Drupal and once for the
    ruby on rails app. Does anyone have any experience with this? I was
    thinking of have my ruby on rails app read the authentication cookie of
    drupal. However, I am not sure how to decode the drupal cookie or if
    this would work. While searching for a solution and I encountered this
    article but I am quite confused by it.

    http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/Integrate+Rails+with+a+CMS

    Does anyone have an idea?

    Thanks in advance.