Internet Web Controls: Treeview

Danny

I have installed Internet Web Controls locally in my machine, and in our
server.
I also added them into the toolbox tab in my Visual Interdev and on design
layout, I can see the treeview object appears, but not when I run the page
from Internet Explorer (means page is accessed in our server).

Any ideas how to make this treeview recognized in the server?

Thanks in advance,

- Danny

Danny

There's no error message at all Curt.
It just shows the node text I put in the treeview, and the treeview its self
is not showing up.

Dan

Ah, I think I went through this as well.

The installation instructions are a bit incomplete and it took me a while to
figure it out.

First, You need to (or at least I had to) modify the build.bat file and put
the appropriate path in front of "csc.exe", otherwise the
Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll will not be built. The path is something
like "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vXXXX\", depending on what version
of the framework you are using.

When you run this batch file it will create the dll and place it the build
directory.

After you run the modified batch file use this command:

xcopy /s /i .\build\Runtime c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0 /y

You may need to change the c:\Inetpub\wwwroot if your root is somewhere
else.

This will create a webctrl_client folder in your wwwroot.

Then copy the dll that was created from the batch file to the bin directory
of whatever sites you want to have treeviews.

In the Visual Studio IDE, customize your toolbox and select the dll.

Drag and drop appropriate control onto your web form.

Hope that helps,
Dan

Danny

Thanks Dan,

I did each steps you explained, but once I selected the dll in my Visual
Studio IDE, I got this error message:

Insufficient State to deserialize the object. More information is needed.

Any ideas what caused this?