Intriguing problem

Guest

Hello All,

I have coded a .NET method which encapsulates a oracle transaction operation.
My transaction consists of series of operations and only if all the
operations succeed I commit the transaction or else I rollback the
transaction.

Just before initiating the transaction I open connection to Oracle and start
the transaction. Once the transaction has been committed or rolled back I
close the connection to database.

Now comes the interesting part. When I start the debugger process which
comes with VS.NET IDE and halt the debugging process abruptly in the middle
of transaction, the transaction is not getting rolled back. Also at this
point, the worker process seems to be consuming lots of memory and I am
forced to restart the worker process to free up resources. Added to this, the
connection that is opened before the transaction is not being closed and the
max pool size is being reached.

Can anyone tell me why i) Worker process is consuming resources voraciously?
ii) Why the transaction did not roll back?

Thank you!!