Invalid Veiwstate

Jason Wilson

I was looking through the windows event long on a webserver hosting an
application that I have in testing right now and I'm seeing this a
couple dozen times a day. I'm not sure how to begin troubleshooting
this:

Event code: 4009
Event message: Viewstate verification failed. Reason: Viewstate was
invalid.
Event time: 3/6/2007 2:05:36 PM
Event time (UTC): 3/6/2007 8:05:36 PM
Event ID: 296e630b9df34eb498b007f52d2fdd68
Event sequence: 42551
Event occurrence: 707
Event detail code: 50204

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1083657447/
Root-1-128176563811006864
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CoderView\
Machine name: URANUS

Process information:
Process ID: 4468
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Request information:
Request URL: http://coderview/codeview.aspx
Request path: /codeview.aspx
User host address: 172.16.4.88
User: RADNET\omearad
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Negotiate
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

ViewStateException information:
Exception message: Invalid viewstate.
Client IP: 172.16.4.88
Port: 2172

Anyone help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated...

Jason

Jason Wilson

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555353

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney

Thanks:

"Application Pool Recycling
IIS 6 will periodically recycle the application pool to
maintain the health of the application pool. At the instance when the
application pool is being recycled, browser requests may sometimes
result in an invalid viewstate error. The fix in this case is to
adjust the settings on the application pools so that recycling is less
likely to occur at peak periods. This issue represents a bug since the
application pool is supposed to gracefully handle this condition."

I set the pool to only recycle during non-working hours and I haven't
had an instance of this since.

Jason

Guest

Hello,

I have the same problem and setting the pool to only recycle during
non-working hours doesn't solve it either..... Do you have any other
suggestions that I can try? My application is ASP.net 2.0.

Thank you in advance,
Chieko